101 East enters the world of Sabah's stateless children, who spend their lives on the run from authorities.
When security forces roll into town, people run in all directions, desperate to escape. In their haste, they knock over trays of fish for sale at the local market.
By Jennifer Pak
BBC News, Borneo
|The children Malaysia does not want|
When 13-year-old Karisma wears a purple school uniform and black hijab, she can easily blend in with other Malaysian students. She was born in Malaysia, but the authorities want her to leave.
|YouLead participants took a pose with Ms. Yanika Seratubias, speaker from PIGLAS, Palawan during the orientation.|
Eleven Overseas Filipino youth from Philippine School Doha (PSD) and International Philippine School in Shanghai (IPSS) joined the Youth Leaders in the Diaspora (YouLeaD) Experience held in Puerto Princesa, Palawan last May 13-15, 2015.
More Articles ...
- 13th Conference of Philippine Schools Overseas in Palawan
- Partial list of schools that offer senior high school
- ICMC Photo Competition: Win A Ticket To The Civil Society Days of the Global Forum on Migration and Development (GFMD)!
- Volunteer mission of hope educates Filipino kids in Sabah
- Essay-writing contest on overseas Filipinos attracts 250 plus entries, UP student wins top prize